Health Canada has issued a warning on Insectide Chalk being sold in Canada. This product is sold under a few different names but none of them are registered for use in Canada. One of the main components of insecticide chalk is a highly toxic pesticide.
Children are particularly at risk from insecticide chalk because they can easily mistake the product for blackboard or sidewalk chalk and play with it or put it in their mouths. Overexposure to some chemicals found in insecticidal chalk can cause vomiting, stomach pains, convulsions, tremors and loss of consciousness. Serious allergic reactions are also possible.
See the full article here: